10 Reasons To Attend the 2018 Legislative Conference, January 29-31:
The Legislative Conference will be held at the Desmond Hotel in Albany from Monday 1/29 through Wednesday 1/31.10 Reasons To Attend the 2018 Legislative Conference, January 29-31:
- Become a more informed and motivated public servant at the local level
- Learn how this year's state budget could impact counties and property taxpayers
- Discuss and vote on resolutions directing NYSAC's advocacy efforts
- Hear from national public policy and communication experts
- Attend timely and informational workshops on topics of concern for counties
- Attend the NYSAC Women's Leadership Council lunch & learn workshop with other women in county government
- Network and share best practices with hundreds of committed county officials from across the state
- Attend training tailored specifically for newly elected county leaders
- Meet vendors with solutions geared for the challenges counties' face
- Fulfill training requirements for receiving homeland security funds from the state.
Every year, the NYSAC Legislative Conference provides an overview of the upcoming state legislative year and the issues impacting counties. County delegates from across NYS convene to pass a series of resolutions, to layout the year's advocacy priorities, and to participate in training and education on the issues and skills needed for effective leadership.
The Legislative Conference will be held at the Desmond Hotel in Albany from Monday 1/29 through Wednesday 1/31.
Learn more and register here.
View photos from last year's Legislative Conference here.