10 Reasons to Attend the Legislative Conference
The 2019 Legislative Conference will be held at the Desmond Hotel in Albany from Monday 1/28 through Wednesday 1/30.
- Become a more informed and motivated public servant at the local level.
- Learn how this year's state budget could impact counties and property taxpayers, which proposals to keep an eye on, and how to advocate for your county.
- Discuss and vote on the resolutions that direct NYSAC's advocacy efforts.
- Hear from experts on the national, state, and local policies impacting counties.
- Attend timely and informational workshops on topics of concern for counties.
- Attend the NYSAC Women's Leadership Council panel featuring Local Government Trailblazers.
- Network and share best practices with hundreds of dedicated and passionate county officials from across the state in a bipartisan setting, focused on the needs of our counties.
- Attend training tailored specifically for newly elected county leaders.
- Meet vendors offering solutions to the challenges counties face.
- Fulfill training requirements for receiving homeland security funds from the state.
And a bonus, number 11: Enjoy the Taste NY reception on Monday night, featuring foods, beverages, and specialty products produced in counties throughout New York State! It's a fun chance to catch up with colleagues from other counties and unwind after a full day of workshops.
Every year, the NYSAC Legislative Conference provides an overview of the upcoming state legislative year and the issues impacting counties. Hundreds of county delegates from across NYS convene to pass a series of resolutions, to layout the year's advocacy priorities, and to participate in training and education on the issues and skills needed for effective leadership.
The Legislative Conference will be held at the Desmond Hotel in Albany from Monday 1/28 through Wednesday 1/30.
Learn more and register here.
View photos from last year's Legislative Conference here.