NYSAC - Monroe
Facts of Interest
- Population: 1,098,201
- Year Organized:1821
- Area: 659 Square Miles
- County Seat: Rochester
- Main Industry: Manufacturing
- County Legislators: 28
- County Nursing Homes: 1
- Colleges and Universities: 10
- State Parks: 4
- Communities: 62
- 987 Uniformed Police Officers
- School Districts: 18
- Named after James Monroe, Fourth U.S. President and Father of the Constitution.
- Final resting place of women’s rights crusader Susan B. Anthony.
- Final resting place of abolitionist Frederick Douglas.
- World headquarters and home of Eastman Kodak, Xerox, Bausch and Lomb, and Paychex.
- Home of the National Toy Hall of Fame at the Strong Museum.