NYSAC - Putnam
Facts of Interest
- Population: 95,745
- Year Organized: 1812
- Area: 232 Square Miles
- County Seat: Carmel
- Main Industry: Health Care and Social Services
- State Parks: 3
- Communities: 21
- 54 Uniformed Police Officers
- School Districts: 6
- Named in honor of General Israel Putnam, a hero of the French and Indian War and the Revolutionary War.
- Home of Green Chimneys Farm and Wildlife Conservation Center.
- Home of the Southeast Museum.
- Home of the Burchetta Glass Blowers.
- Home of Sybil Ludington, Revolutionary War Figure.
- Home of Tompkins Corners.