NYSAC - Rensselaer
Facts of Interest
- Population: 152,538
- Year Organized: 1791
- Area: 654 Square Miles
- County Seat: Troy
- Main Industry: Health Care and Social Services
- County Legislators: 19
- County Nursing Homes: 1
- Colleges and Universities: 4
- State Parks: 3
- Communities: 54
- 218 Uniformed Police Officers
- School Districts: 12
- Named in honor of the family of Killiaen Van Rensselaer, the original Dutch patroon.
- Home of the Rensselaer Institute.
- Home of Uncle Sam, and final resting place of Uncle Sam in Oakwood Cemetary.
- Home of Bennington Battlefield.
- Home of Knickerbocker Mansion.
- Home of Berkshire Bird Paradise.