NYSAC - Rockland
Facts of Interest
- Population: 286,753
- Year Organized: 1798
- Area: 174 Square Miles
- County Seat: New City
- Main Industry: Health Care and Social Services
- County Legislators: 17
- County Nursing Homes: 1
- Colleges and Universities: 6
- State Parks: 11
- School Districts: 9
- Communities: 44
- 580 Uniformed Police Officers
- The name Rockland comes from “rocky land,” an early general term applied to the region by settlers.
- Home of the Holocaust Museum and Study Center.
- Home of Camp Shanks World War II Museum.
- Home of the Edward Hopper House and Art Center.
- Home of the Law Enforcement Museum.
- Home of Stoy Point Battlefield State Historic Site.