NYSAC - Chautauqua
Facts of Interest
- Population: 139,750
- Year Organized: 1808
- Area: 1062 Square Miles
- County Seat: Mayville
- Main Industry: Manufacturing
- County Legislators: 25
- County Nursing Homes: 1
- Colleges and Universities: 2
- State Parks: 2
- Communities: 54
- 177 Uniformed Police Officers
- School Districts: 18
- Named after the fourth tribe of the Iroquois League.
- Home of the Fredonia Opera House.
- Home of the Dunkirk Light House.
- Home of the Chautauqua Institute Educational Center.
- Home of Welch Foods Inc, makers of Welch’s grape juice and jelly.
- Home of the Scandinavian Folk Festival.