NYSAC - Columbia
Facts of Interest
- Population: 69,034
- Year Organized: 1786
- Area: 636 Square Miles
- County Seat: Hudson
- Main Industry: Health Care and Social Services
- County Supervisors: 22
- County Nursing Homes: 1
- Colleges and Universities: 1
- State Parks: 1
- Communities: 29
- 55 Uniformed Police Officers
- Named in honor of Christopher Columbus.
- Home of President Martin Van Buren.
- Home of Robert R. Livingston, Jr., member of the Committee of Five responsible for drafting the Declaration of Independence, first United States Minister of Foreign Affairs (Secretary of State).
- Home of the first public school in New York State.
- Home of FASNY Museum of Firefighting.