"Meeting of the Minds: Issues Facing Women in County Government" (details below)
Wednesday, September 13
Open to NYSAC members
Women's Leadership Council Launch Celebration
5-6pm (reception - open to all conference attendees)
About the Workshop
"Meeting of the Minds: Issues Facing Women in County Government"
This special 2-hour workshop at the NYSAC Fall Seminar will consist of a series of roundtable conversations on the issues facing women in county government. This session was developed as a result of member feedback and survey responses.
All attendees will participate in roundtable discussions on the following topics, with these expert facilitators:
- Raising Campaign Funds (Even When You Really Don't Want To)
Facilitator: Janet Duprey, retired NYS Assemblywoman and Clinton County Treasurer
- Reflections on a Career in County Government
Facilitator: Rensselaer County Executive Kathy Jimino
- Managing Conflict: Campaigning and Governing in Heated Times
Facilitator: NYS Senator Pamela Helming
- Mentoring: Finding a Mentor, Being a Mentor
Facilitator: Erin Loos Cutraro, Founder & CEO, She Should Run
- It's Up to the Women! A discussion of the challenges women face in public office and the workplace
Facilitator: Cynthia Shenker, Esq., founding partner of Shenker Russo & Clark LLP
This session is an opportunity for the women of NYSAC to share knowledge and experiences, learn from one another, network, and come together with others serving in county office across the state.