2018 Fall Seminar Workshop
Women's Leadership Roundtables
Monday, September 24
About the Workshop:
Last fall, dozens of women in county government gathered for the NYSAC Women's Leadership Council Roundtable Workshop. NYSAC is proud to bring this award-winning
session back for a second year.
All attendees will participate in roundtable discussions on the following topics, with these expert facilitators:
Join your colleagues from across the state for this unique opportunity to connect and share experiences across regions and party lines, learn from one another, support other women in government, and acquire new leadership skills. This workshop is a positive environment in which to discuss the challenges, the responsibilities, and the opportunities of being a woman in county government.
- 1st Amendment 1st Vote: Engaging Young Women in Voting and the Political Process
Facilitated by Dr. Karen King, Director, Erie County Commission on the Status of Women
- Leading in Your Community
Facilitated by Angelicia A. Morris, Executive Director, Schenectady County Human Rights Commission
- Fundraising & Campaigning
Facilitated by Martha Robertson, Chair, Tompkins County Legislature
- Personal & Professional Growth for Women in Government
Facilitated by Marte Sauerbrey, Chair, Tioga County Legislature
Here's what attendees at last year's event had to say:
"Thank you for a fantastic event. You truly nailed the roundtable discussions and guest speakers. I personally walked away with great advice and a lift to continue to lead and support other women in leadership."
"Loved the roundtable format. Intimate and active learning. Panels and webinars are informative but passive - this topic is better served with the active engagement we had today."
"Thank you for your outstanding work in putting the inaugural event together. I believe it was well needed and wonderfully received! Also thanks to NYSAC for recognizing the need and interest and supporting the effort."
"This was such a nice event...I so enjoyed meeting other elected women from around the state."
"Excellent! The in-person interaction was great."
"Roundtable discussions were a good way to get multiple, diverse opinions and reflections."
"These discussions were great. The personal touch pushed it over the top to a truly excellent event."
Interested in sponsoring this event? Contact email@example.com.
Questions? Email Nicole Correia - firstname.lastname@example.org
Women's Leadership Council Executive Committee
- Hon. MaryEllen Odell, Putnam County Executive - WLC Executive Committee Chair and 2017-18 NYSAC President
- Hon. Claudia Braymer, Warren County Board of Supervisors
- Hon. Nancy Buck, Sullivan County Treasurer
- Hon. Indy Jaycox, Schoharie County Clerk
- Hon. Lucille McKnight, Albany County Legislator
- Hon. Martha Robertson, Tompkins County Legislature Chair
- Hon. Martha Sauerbrey, Tioga County Legislature Chair
NYSAC Staff Contact: Nicole Correia, email@example.com