Women's Leadership Council
The NYSAC Women’s Leadership Council was officially launched in 2017.
The primary goals of the Women’s Leadership Council are:
- To provide resources for women holding county office,
- To support female county officials, and
- To engage women in seeking leadership positions in their communities and within NYSAC.
The NYSAC Women’s Leadership Council offers resources specifically for women in county government and women interested in pursuing county leadership, including:
- Panels, forums, workshops, and networking events at NYSAC conferences;
- Opportunities to speak with women in county government around New York State;
- Articles in the NYSAC News magazine;
- Online Resource Center, including NYSAC research and reports;
- Webinars and other training opportunities.
The WLC Executive Committee assists NYSAC staff in planning events and resources that meet the needs of NYSAC's members.
2019 NYSAC Legislative Conference
Panel: Local Government Trailblazers
Monday, January 28, 3:45pm - 5:00pm
The number is growing, but women still hold only a small percentage of elected positions. A panel of women who have led the way in local government office will discuss the challenges and opportunities they’ve encountered, and the lessons they’ve learned along the way.
Hon. Kathy Jimino – Former Rensselaer County Executive
Hon. Joanne Yepsen – Former Mayor of Saratoga Springs and Former Saratoga County Legislator
Conference agenda and registration can be found here.
In the News
Women's Leadership Council Executive Committee
- Hon. MaryEllen Odell, Putnam County Executive
- Hon. Claudia Braymer, Warren County Board of Supervisors
- Hon. Nancy Buck, Sullivan County Treasurer
- Hon. Indy Jaycox, Schoharie County Clerk
- Hon. Lucille McKnight, Albany County Legislator
- Hon. Martha Robertson, Tompkins County Legislative Chair
- Hon. Martha Sauerbrey, Tioga County Legislative Chair
- Staff: Nicole Correia, NYSAC