Women's Leadership Council
In 2017, NYSAC officially launched the NYSAC Women’s Leadership Council.
The primary goals of the Women’s Leadership Council are:
- To provide resources for women holding county office,
- To support female county officials, and
- To engage women in seeking leadership positions in their communities and within NYSAC.
- Panels, forums, workshops, and networking events at NYSAC conferences;
- Opportunities to speak with women in county government around New York State;
- Articles in the NYSAC News magazine;
- Online Resource Center, including NYSAC research and reports;
- Webinars and other training opportunities.
The WLC Executive Committee assists NYSAC staff in planning events and resources that meet the needs of NYSAC's members.
- 2018 NYSAC Fall Seminar
workshop: September 24, 3:00
Registration materials and agenda available here.
- Previous events:
- 2018 Legislative Conference workshop.
- 2018 Fall Seminar workshop details and speaker information.
- Video: January 2017 NYSAC Women's Leadership Roundtable: Lt. Governor Kathy Hochul
- NYSAC Hosts Dialogue on Women in Government with International Delegates (4/18/18)
- NYSAC WLC Event Recognized With Association Excellence Award (2/12/18)
- NYSAC Launches Women's Leadership Council (4/17)
- 62 Women Elected to NYS County Positions in 2017 - 12/5/17
- Women see electoral gains at county level- 12/11/17
- Women in NYS County Government Meet to Discuss Challenges, Successes, and Solutions - 9/21/17
- NYSAC Launches Women's Leadership Council - 4/27/17
- NY Group Creates Council to Support Women in County Government - 5/8/17
- NYSAC Resolution Recognizing Women's History Month (3/2017)
- Women of NACo (National Association of Counties)
- Report: Obstacles for Women in Local Government Leadership Remain After 30 Years
- Why We Need More Women Running Our Local Governments
- Why We Need More Women Leaders
- 3 Reasons Why We Need More Women In Government
- Running for Office in NYS
- Celebrating 100 years of Women's Suffrage - New York State played a crucial role in the women's rights movement that led to passage if the 19th amendment in 1917.
- Suffrage Centennials - League of Women Voters Resource Kit for planning a centennial event.
- NYS Museum Exhibit - call for artifacts- "Votes For Women: Celebrating New York’s Suffrage Centennial"
- Women's Heritage Resources from NYS Parks, Recreation, and Historic Preservation
Women's Leadership Council Executive Committee
- Hon. MaryEllen Odell, Putnam County Executive - WLC Executive Committee Chair
- Hon. Claudia Braymer, Warren County Board of Supervisors
- Hon. Nancy Buck, Sullivan County Treasurer
- Hon. Indy Jaycox, Schoharie County Clerk
- Hon. Lucille McKnight, Albany County Legislator
- Hon. Martha Robertson, Tompkins County Legislator
- Hon. Martha Sauerbrey, Tioga County Legislative Chair