Women's Leadership Council
About the Women's Leadership Council
In 2017, NYSAC launched a new initiative: The NYSAC Women’s Leadership Council.
The primary goals of the Women’s Leadership Council are:
- To provide resources for women holding county office,
- To support female county officials, and
- To engage women in seeking leadership positions in their communities and within NYSAC.
The NYSAC Women’s Leadership Roundtable offers resources specifically for women in county government and women interested in pursuing county leadership, including:
- Panels, forums, and networking events at the NYSAC Legislative Conference (beginning with a launch at the 2017 Legislative Conference).
- Opportunities to speak with women in county government around New York State,
- Workshops at NYSAC training events,
- Articles in the NYSAC News magazine,
- Online Resource Center,
The WLC Executive Committee assists NYSAC staff in planning events and resources that meet the needs of NYSAC's members.
Women's Leadership Council Executive Committee
- Hon. MaryEllen Odell, Putnam County Executive - WLC Executive Committee Chair
- Hon. Claudia Braymer, Warren County Board of Supervisors
- Hon. Nancy Buck, Sullivan County Treasurer
- Hon. Indy Jaycox, Schoharie County Clerk
- Hon. Kathy Jimino, Rensselaer County Executive
- Hon. Lucille McKnight, Albany County Legislator
- Hon. Martha Robertson, Tompkins County Legislator
- Hon. Martha Sauerbrey, Tioga County Legislative Chair