Getting the Most from NYSAC's 2018 Legislative Conference
Next week, over 700 county delegates from across NYS will gather in Albany for the 2018 Legislative Conference hosted by NYSAC at the Desmond Hotel in Albany.
On Monday morning, delegates will convene in Standing Committee meetings to consider dozens of resolutions submitted by county officials and hear from state and local policy experts. While only committee members can vote on these resolutions, the meetings are open to attendees who want to learn more about pressing issues impacting public safety, child welfare, taxation, transportations, and other areas of concern for counties.
Newly elected and appointed county officials will have a day-long training program beginning at 10 a.m. Monday.
NYSAC's Women's Leadership Council welcomes Ellie Nieves for an interactive and motivational presentation at 1 p.m. on Monday in High Street 24. (RSVP required.)
A series of 20 workshops will be offered beginning at 2 p.m. Monday and going through 5 p.m. on Tuesday afternoon. Workshop tracks of interest include sharing services and the tax cap, communication and social media, serving our seniors, veterans and special needs children, and an analysis of the state budget, among others.
Conference-wide speakers you won't want to miss include:
- NYS Comptroller Thomas DiNapoli at the Monday general session lunch - 1 p.m. in the King Street Ballroom
- Lt. Governor Kathy Hochul at the Taste of NY Reception on Monday at 6 p.m. in the King Street Ballroom
- Harvard Kennedy School Professor Stephen Goldsmith at 9 a.m. Tuesday in the Fort Orange Ballroom
- NYS Senate Majority Leader John Flanagan at the Luncheon on Tuesday in the King Street Ballroom
- Assembly Minority Leader Brian Kolb at the Luncheon on Tuesday in the King Street Ballroom
Follow along and join in the Legislative Conference conversation on social media by using #NYSACLC18
Follow NYSAC on Twitter and Instagram @nyscounties, and on Facebook at www.facebook.com/NYScounties/.