COVID-19 Blog: 13 Rules from Gen. Colin Powell
Retired General Colin Powell's 13 rules for leadership. Don't miss #13!
For all the county leaders out there serving as on-site incident commanders on the front lines of this emergency, here is some inspirational guidance from an exceptional leader that we can all carry with us as we start another week.
General Colin Powell's 13 Rules For Leadership
1) It ain't as bad as you think. It will look better in the morning.
2) Get mad, then get over it.
3) BE careful what you choose. You may get it.
4) Don't let advers facts stand in the way of a good decision.
5) Check small things.
6) Share credit.
7) Ramain calm. Be kind.
8) Have a vision. Be demanding.
9) You can't make someone else's choices. You shouldn't let someone else make yours.
10) Avoid having your ego so close to your position that when your position fails, your ego goes with it.
11) Don't take counsel of your fears or naysayers.
12) Perpetual optimism is a force multiplier.
13) It can be done!
Hold these rules with you as you go about your duties and know that all of New York State stands behind you in your efforts. Good luck and God bless!