COVID-19 Stimulus AdvocacyThe COVID-19 pandemic and resulting economic slowdown have devastated county budgets on a scale not seen since the Great Depression.
Counties urge the president and congressional leaders to seek consensus and develop a plan that provides states, counties, and local governments with direct and flexible federal coronavirus stimulus funding to address depleted resources, state aid cuts, and reduced sales tax revenues.
Without immediate action, counties who are on the front lines of the continuing fight against COVID-19 are at risk of laying off employees, cutting services and even going bankrupt, all actions that would reverse our progress against the virus and worsen the economic recession.
- Stop Local Service Cuts Fact Sheet
- Protect Local Jobs and Services - Direct Federal Aid to Counties
- Federal Direct Aid Advocacy Talking Points
- Federal Direct Aid Sample Tweets
- HEROES Act vs. HEALS Act Comparison
- Example Advocacy Letter, Sullivan County
- Press Release Template