NYSAC engages with the New York Congressional Delegation, Congressional Leadership and the White House on county priorities in partnership with our national affiliate, the National Association of Counties ().
Through our advocacy, both in-person, virtual, and communication strategies, we seek to educate and influence our federal representatives on the priorities of county government.
The COVID-19 pandemic and resulting economic slowdown have devastated county budgets on a scale not seen since the Great Depression.
COVID-19 Stimulus Advocacy
Counties urge the president and congressional leaders to seek consensus and develop a plan that provides states, counties, and local governments with direct and flexible federal coronavirus stimulus funding to address depleted resources, state aid cuts, and reduced sales tax revenues.
Without immediate action, counties who are on the front lines of the continuing fight against COVID-19 are at risk of laying off employees, cutting services and even going bankrupt, all actions that would reverse our progress against the virus and worsen the economic recession.
- Stop Local Service Cuts Fact Sheet
- Protect Local Jobs and Services - Direct Federal Aid to Counties Fact Sheet
- Direct Federal Aid Advocacy Talking Points
- Direct Federal Aid Sample Tweets
- DIrect Federal Aid Sample Advocacy Letter, Sullivan County
- Direct Federal Aid Sample Release Template