- Legislative Priorities
- Policy Areas
- Demographic and Economic Reports
- Shared Services
- Organ Donation
- The Opioid Crisis
- #KeeptheCap Fiscal Impact Calculator
Public Health & Mental Health
Novel Coronavirus - COVID-19County health officials are on the front lines of preparing communities and providing accurate information for the spread of the novel coronavirus. NYSAC is working with our federal and state partners to provide you with the resources you need to protect the health of your residents. To support these efforts, please find materials below that can be adapted by your county and shared with residents and visitors.
Please email our staff at firstname.lastname@example.org if your county has questions we can help with, or any best practices you would like us to share.
This map shows the number of confirmed cases in each county. Because random testing is not taking place, it is likely that the number of people with COVID-19 is higher than the number of confirmed cases. Even in counties with few or no reported cases, it is important to practice social distancing and frequent hand washing.
Get the latest COVID-19 news from NYSAC and updates on innovative ways that counties are responding to the pandemic at our blog:
- Model Letter From County Official to Residents - NYSAC
- Reverse 911 Script - NYSAC
- County COVID-19 Action Plan- NYSAC
- Suffolk County COVID 2019 Response Summary & Guidance - Presentation to School Superintendents
- Flyer: Essex County
- Poster: Livingston County COVID-19 Public Health Advisory
- Poster: Chautauqua County Social Distancing Poster
Find my county COVID-19 information:Select your county from the dropdown menu to visit the page on their website with Coronavirus information and resources.
Select a county:
View county declarations of emergency:Select a county from the dropdown menu.
Select a county:
- New York State COVID-19 Website
- The Business Council of New York State: Managing the Coronavirus
- Report Price Gouging: Consumer Hotline 800-697-1220
- Essential vs Non-Essential Business Explainer - ESD
- Guidance on Statewide School Closings - NYSED
- Program Instruction Suspension Requirements - AGING
- Provision of Services to Students with Disabilities - NYSED - NEW!
New York State Executive Orders:
- Executive Order 202.0 - March 7, 2020
- Executive Order 202.1 - March 12, 2020
- Executive Order 202.2 - March 14, 2020
- Executive Order 202.3 - March 14, 2020
- Executive Order 202.4 - March 16, 2020
- Executive Order 202.5 - March 18, 2020
- Executive Order 202.6 - March 18, 2020
- Executive Order 202.7 - March 19, 2020
- Executive Order 202.8 - March 20, 2020
- Executive Order 202.9 - March 21, 2020
- Executive Order 202.10 - March 23, 2020
- Executive Order 202.11 - March 27, 2020
- Executive Order 202.12 - March 28, 2020
- Executive Order 202.13 - March 30, 2020
Procedure for Review and Approval of Local Emergency Orders - DOH March 20, 2020
Administrative Order AO/78/20 - Chief Administratvie Judge of the Courts
NYSAC Special Reports
Coronavirus Economic Impact
Updated Summary of the CARES Act
Communicating in a Crisis
NYSAC, in collaboration with Summers Strategies, has authored a guide with simple steps and tips for communicating in a crisis.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- CDC: Resources for State, Local, Territorial and Tribal Health Departments
- NACo: County Response Efforts & Priorities
- International City/County Management Association Coronavirus Resources: Plan and Prepare
- Department of Homeland Security Announcement: CISA Insights - Risk Management for COVID-19
- SGR Employers’ Guide to the Coronavirus Outbreak
- FEMA: Guide to the Disaster Declaration Process
- FEMA: Public Assistance Fact Sheet - NEW!
- FEMA: Training Opportunity - Purchasing Uunder Exigent, Emergency Circumstanes - NEW!
- Johns Hopkins COVID-19 Global Cases Tracker
- NACo: Analysis of H.R. 748 - Third COVID-19 Relief Bill
- Tracking and Managing Coronavirus Recovery Costs - ICMA
- White House COVID-19 Response and Recovery Guide
NYSAC Special Bulletins
Between the Legislature and COVID-19, news is breaking at a pace like we’ve never experienced — and it all directly ties to the work New York’s counties are doing. To help keep you as updated as possible, NYSAC issending out “Special Bulletins” to make sure you are getting the latest news that may not be dominating the airwaves, but is critical for you to know as a county leader.
- Special Bulletin 3/26
- Special Bulletin 3/25
- Special Bulletin 3/24
- Special Bulletin 3/23
- Special Bulletin 3/21
- Special Bulletin 3/20
- Special Bulletin 3/19
- Special Bulletin 3/17
- Special Bulletin 3/16
- Find your County Health Office with this interactive map!
- New York City Health – Coronavirus Fact Sheet
- CDC - Handouts & Posters
- NYSDOH Video: Novel Coronavirus - What New Yorkers Should Know
NYSAC White Papers and Reports
- Making Cannabis Legal in NYS - January 2020 White Paper
- Regulation of Synthetic Drugs - January 2020 White Paper
Making Cannabis Legal in New York State- Considerations for Counties (Updated September 2019)
Drinking Water Quality & Infrastructure
NYSAC Report: Counties and Drinking Water Quality (2016)
Clean Water Infrastructure in NYS (White Paper, December 2017)
Battling the Heroin & Opioid Epidemic
NACo-NLC Opioid Epidemic Task Force Report and Recommendations: Overview and Discussion (Webinar recording and report)
Additional Public Health Issues