Chief Equity and Diversity Officer
Tompkins County offers a vibrant city center with an abundance of restaurants, theater, arts, shopping, cultural activities, and community festivals and events, as well as gorgeous countryside and everything in between. If you are looking for a small city with a large city feel and a “small-town” atmosphere, this is it. And we offer forests, state parks and farmland all rolled up in one beautiful area of New York State.
Reporting to the County Administrator this position is responsible for developing and implementation of Tompkins County’s diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives.
In collaboration with County leadership and community stakeholders, it will establish equity as a shared value across the organization and the community. The successful candidate will be an inspiring, naturally collaborative, courageous, innovative, and a visionary leader with outstanding people and management skills.
TYPICAL WORK ACTIVITIES:
· Implements the County’s Diversity & Inclusion policy & goals;
· Participates in community, regional and statewide equity collaborations on behalf of the County;
- Provides leadership, guidance, training, and support to internal and external partners
- Provides expert technical guidance and leadership on equity and social justice issues affecting County programs and practices;
· Leads the County’s Government Alliance on Race and Equity (GARE) work, working with other County equity leaders;
· Works with WDIC to routinely re-examine policies, legislation and the workplace climate survey;
- Directs, evaluates and coordinates analyses and recommendations regarding race and equity policy issues and long-term
plans to address department needs and services and the needs of the community;
· Develops and implements budgets, cost containment procedures, and program improvement measures;
· Manage the preparation of grant applications to ensure adequacy and timeliness;
- Conducts regular national best practices research and comparative analyses;
- Develops and or carefully search out the best available training opportunities.