Mental Health Clinic Director
Want the opportunity to make a difference, to work where you are truly appreciated and well compensated? Tompkins County is now accepting applicants for Mental Health Clinic Director. Ithaca, NY is a small city with large city amenities and a small-town atmosphere. The surrounding county offers an array of carefree lifestyles and fun activities within a short distance to the city.
Tompkins County is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
This position will help lead a department that provides a full range of mental health services on behalf of County government—and a community — that recognizes the value of those services. The Department operates an array of direct services, including the County mental health clinic, and manages multiple millions of dollars in contracts to agency providers.
- Directing, planning, and coordinating operations of the department, and serving as a key policy advisor.
- Managing most of the day-to-day activities of the Department; the operation of the mental health,
developmental disabilities, and substance abuse services provided to the community.
- Extensive interaction with staff as an important part of a team committed to quality client care and to constructive change that adapts to our rapidly changing policy and regulatory environment.
- Direct responsibility for the implementation, coordination, and supervision of the clinical services provided through the Department.
- The Deputy may serve as the Director of Community Services.
Typical duties include:
- Hires staff of the Mental Health Services office and supervises Direct services Directors;
- Assists with the annual evaluation of direct and contract agencies, with attention to program effectiveness, client outcomes, use of evidence-based practices, and fiscal responsibility;
- Researches and assists with the presentation of complex Mental Hygiene issues, including recommendations for decision making, or to facilitate policy and priority deliberations of the Mental Health Board and/or the Legislature;
- Assists with the development of the annual Mental Hygiene local services plan,
- May report to the Health and Human Services Committee of the Legislature and may routinely interact with other state regulatory agencies
- Performs public relations duties with media and with representatives of the public as necessary;
- Represents the office of Mental Health Services in community planning for all mental health related services and pursues alternative sources of funding for mental health agencies;
- Assists the Commissioner in the development of, and implementation, of new initiatives in the Behavioral Health Care field; and community integration of Physical Health and Behavioral Health Services;
- Direct oversight of Continuous Quality Initiatives (CQI) for direct and contract agencies;
- Exercises general supervision over the various programs of the Mental Health Services Department; and plans, directs and coordinates all Clinical functions of the Department;
- Formulates policies and procedures for the Clinical Programs; and monitors clinical performance, productivity, and client outcomes;
- Direct oversight of personnel matters
Mental Health Clinic Director
|Posting Start Date:
NYS Licensed physician certified or board eligible in psychiatry, neurology or pediatrics: OR NYS licensed psychologist; OR NYS LMSW; OR NYS Licensed Registered Nurse w/Master’s Degree in Psychiatric Mental Health Nursing preferred; OR other administrative Master’s degree equivalents as described on Tompkins County website (listed below).
Must also possess five (5) years of progressively responsible clinical and/or administrative experience a program providing services for people with mental illness, developmental disabilities, or substance abuse. At least two of the five years must have been in a position of administrative control.
Tompkins County offers an excellent salary, plus NYS retirement and full benefits. Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org today!
Or apply online at https://www.tompkinscivilservice.org/civilservice/vacancies. (Note: Resumes may be submitted in lieu of entering all work history data. Only information with an * is required to complete the application process.)
Tompkins County is committed to Equity and Inclusion. We encourage those with similar values to apply. Minorities are strongly encouraged to apply.
||This listing expires on: 7/24/2020