Coordinator of Environmental Resources, Rockland County
Position Coordinator of Environmental Resources
Organization: Rockland County
Location: Pamona, NY
Salary: $92,205 - $114,827
Date Posted: 8/21/2023
COORDINATOR OF ENVIRONMENTAL RESOURCES
ROCKLAND COUNTY DIVISION OF ENVIRONMENTAL RESOURCES
Rockland County Division of Environmental Resources is seeking a candidate to work in their fast-paced department to oversee the maintenance of their county parks and carry out the day-to- day functions. The work is specialized, diverse and can be complex in nature.
This is technical and administrative work involving responsibility for developing and implementing policies with particular emphasis on protecting the environment. In addition, supervision and coordination of a team that has responsibility for the County parks and has responsibility for environmental and sustainability assignments/projects.
The work is performed under the guidelines and policies established by the state and federal government and by the County Executive.
Scope of Work (including, but not limited to, the following):
- Performs all administrative functions of the Division of Environmental Resources and the Parks Commission;
- Coordinates all Park Commission activities, including preparing agenda and directing meetings;
- Makes recommendations on park policy to the Parks Commission; Presents all departmental requests to the County Executive and Legislature; Makes recommendations on acquisition of additional parklands;
- Supervises and coordinates activities previously handled by the Environmental Management Council and Soil & Water Conservation District, working closely with technical personnel assigned to these areas;
- Prepares, presents and directs the execution of the budget;
- Researches and prepares all information required for state, federal and other grants;
- Assists with the implementation of and participates in County sustainability initiatives, such as the Climate Smart Communities (CSC) and Clean Energy Communities (CEC) programs among others;
- Represents the County or Division at public functions, forums, meetings, ;
- Reviews all Planning Department General Municipal Law Reviews concerning development adjacent to park property;
- Plans and supervises the work of departmental
A Bachelor’s degree or higher in Environmental Science, Forestry, Parks and Recreation Management or comparable curriculum and five (5) years of experience in directing conservation, environmental and/or parks activities, at least two (2) years of which must have been in the areas of parks, parks management, etc.
Residency in Rockland County must be maintained throughout the course of employment in this title.
Salary and benefits are competitive with the public sector market including but not limited to the following:
- Annual Salary range of $92,205 - $114,827 commensurate with experience
- New York State Pension eligibility
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance Plans
- Paid leave, including vacation, personal, holiday and sick time
- Voluntary participation in deferred compensation