As the number of new COVID-19 cases continues to decline in most regions of the state, local governments have been tasked
with begininng the process of reopening the economy and relaxing social isolation guidelines.
NY ForwardNY Forward is the state's plan for a phased reopening of New York State. Counties will play a central role in this plan as they implement testing and tracking, monitor infection rate in hospitals, ensure business compliance, communicated with other local governments and monitor progress.
Live Regional Data:
The Governor's plan calls for the creation of Regional Control Rooms to monitor regional metrics during the reopening process. The members of these Control Rooms will be comprised primarily of county elected officials.
Regional Control Rooms:
Criteria for Reopening:
The NY Forward plan calls for reopening on a regional basis as each region meets the following metrics:
NYSAC’s County Workforce Re-entry Guide,was developed to support counties, as an employer, as they resume full operations while protecting county workers and continuing to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
- A 14-day decline in hospitalizations, or fewer than 15 a day.
- A 14-day decline in virus-related hospital deaths, or fewer than five a day.
- A steady rate of new hospitalizations below two per 100,000 residents a day.
- A hospital-bed vacancy rate of at least 30 percent.
- An availability rate for intensive care unit beds of at least 30 percent.
- At least 30 virus tests per 1,000 residents conducted a month.
- At least 30 working contact tracers per 100,000 residents.