Women's Leadership Council
The NYSAC Women’s Leadership Council is the only statewide organization that offers resources specifically for women in county government.
The primary goals of the Women’s Leadership Council (WLC) are:
- To provide resources for women holding county office,
- To support female county officials, and
- To engage women in seeking leadership positions in their communities and within NYSAC.
The WLC is a bipartisan organization that offers resources specifically for women in county government and women interested in pursuing county leadership, including:
- Panels, forums, workshops, and networking events at NYSAC conferences;
- Opportunities to speak with women in county government around New York State;
- Articles in the NYSAC News magazine;
- Online Resource Center, including NYSAC research and reports;
- Webinars and other training opportunities.
The WLC Executive Committee assists NYSAC staff in planning events and resources that meet the needs of NYSAC's members.
The next Women's Leadership Council event will be held during the 2019 NYSAC Fall Seminar in Sullivan County.
- Women's Leadership Council: A State Perspective - Monday, September 16 at the NYSAC Fall Seminar.
In 1919, the first women were elected to the NYS Legislature. In 2019, more women than ever before served in the NYS Legislature, in both the Senate and Assembly. The numbers are growing at the local and federal level as well. At this workshop, women serving at the state level will provide their perspective on what's changing, what's ahead, and the importance of women in elected office.
Click here to register for the 2019 Fall Seminar.
- Assemblymember Aileen Gunther
- Senator Jen Metzger
- Moderated by Nancy Buck, Sullivan County Treasurer
In the News
Executive Committee & Staff
- Hon. MaryEllen Odell, Putnam County Executive
- Hon. Claudia Braymer, Warren County Board of Supervisors
- Hon. Nancy Buck, Sullivan County Treasurer
- Hon. Indy Jaycox, Schoharie County Clerk
- Hon. Lucille McKnight, Albany County Legislator
- Hon. Martha Robertson, Tompkins County Legislative Chair
- Hon. Martha Sauerbrey, Tioga County Legislative Chair
- Staff: Nicole Correia, NYSAC