Women's Leadership Council
The NYSAC Women’s Leadership Council is the only statewide organization that offers resources specifically for women in county government.
- To provide resources for women holding county office,
- To support female county officials, and
- To engage women in seeking leadership positions in their communities and within NYSAC.
- Panels, forums, workshops, and networking events at NYSAC conferences;
- Opportunities to speak with women in county government around New York State;
- Articles in the NYSAC News magazine;
- Online Resource Center, including NYSAC research and reports;
- Webinars and other training opportunities.
The WLC Executive Committee assists NYSAC staff in planning events and resources that meet the needs of NYSAC's members.
The next Women's Leadership Council event will be held during the 2019 NYSAC Fall Seminar, September 16 - 18 in Sullivan County.
- 2019 NYSAC Legislative Conference
Local Government Trailblazers
Hon. Kathy Jimino – Retired Rensselaer County Executive
Hon. Joanne Yepsen – Former Mayor of Saratoga Springs and Former Saratoga County Legislator
Moderator: Hon. Alfreda Williams, Vice Chair of the Westchester Board of Legislators
- 2018 NYSAC Fall Seminar: Women's Leadership Roundtables
- 2018 Legislative Conference workshop.
- 2018 Fall Seminar workshop details and speaker information.
- Video: January 2017 NYSAC Women's Leadership Roundtable: Lt. Governor Kathy Hochul
- NYSAC Recognizes Westchester County Board of Legislators for Female Majority (1/2019)
- Statewide program helps women in county government (9/2018)
- NYSAC Hosts Dialogue on Women in Government with International Delegates (4/18/18)
- NYSAC WLC Event Recognized With Association Excellence Award (2/12/18)
- NYSAC Launches Women's Leadership Council (4/17)
- 62 Women Elected to NYS County Positions in 2017 - 12/5/17
- Women see electoral gains at county level- 12/11/17
- Women in NYS County Government Meet to Discuss Challenges, Successes, and Solutions - 9/21/17
- NYSAC Launches Women's Leadership Council - 4/27/17
- NY Group Creates Council to Support Women in County Government - 5/8/17
- Resources for Women in County Government (1/2019)
- NYSAC Resolution Recognizing Women's History Month (3/2017)
- Women of NACo (National Association of Counties)
- Report: Obstacles for Women in Local Government Leadership Remain After 30 Years
- Why We Need More Women Running Our Local Governments
- Why We Need More Women Leaders
- 3 Reasons Why We Need More Women In Government
- Running for Office in NYS
- Celebrating 100 years of Women's Suffrage - New York State played a crucial role in the women's rights movement that led to passage if the 19th amendment in 1917.
- Suffrage Centennials - League of Women Voters Resource Kit for planning a centennial event.
- NYS Museum Exhibit - call for artifacts- "Votes For Women: Celebrating New York’s Suffrage Centennial"
- Women's Heritage Resources from NYS Parks, Recreation, and Historic Preservation
- Hon. MaryEllen Odell, Putnam County Executive
- Hon. Claudia Braymer, Warren County Board of Supervisors
- Hon. Nancy Buck, Sullivan County Treasurer
- Hon. Indy Jaycox, Schoharie County Clerk
- Hon. Lucille McKnight, Albany County Legislator
- Hon. Martha Robertson, Tompkins County Legislative Chair
- Hon. Martha Sauerbrey, Tioga County Legislative Chair
- Staff: Nicole Correia, NYSAC