Women's Leadership Council
The NYSAC Women’s Leadership Council is the only statewide organization that offers resources specifically for women in county government.
The primary goals of the Women’s Leadership Council (WLC) are:
- To provide resources for women holding county office,
- To support female county officials, and
- To engage women in seeking leadership positions in their communities and within NYSAC.
The WLC is a bipartisan organization that offers resources specifically for women in county government and women interested in pursuing county leadership, including:
- Panels, forums, workshops, and networking events at NYSAC conferences;
- Opportunities to speak with women in county government around New York State;
- Articles in the NYSAC News magazine;
- Online Resource Center, including NYSAC research and reports;
- Webinars and other training opportunities.
The WLC Executive Committee assists NYSAC staff in planning events and resources that meet the needs of NYSAC's members.
The next Women's Leadership Council event will be held during the 2019 NYSAC Fall Seminar, September 16 - 18 in Sullivan County.
In the News
Executive Committee & Staff
- Hon. MaryEllen Odell, Putnam County Executive
- Hon. Claudia Braymer, Warren County Board of Supervisors
- Hon. Nancy Buck, Sullivan County Treasurer
- Hon. Indy Jaycox, Schoharie County Clerk
- Hon. Lucille McKnight, Albany County Legislator
- Hon. Martha Robertson, Tompkins County Legislative Chair
- Hon. Martha Sauerbrey, Tioga County Legislative Chair
- Staff: Nicole Correia, NYSAC