MEGA Energy Program Manager
Position Energy Program Manager
Organization: Municipal Electric and Gas Alliance (MEGA)
Location: Remote with Travel
Salary: $70,000 - $120,000
Date Posted: 11/13/2023
Contact Mark LaVigne
Energy Program Manager: Municipal Electric and Gas Alliance (MEGA)
The Municipal Electric and Gas Alliance (MEGA) is an aggregator of electricity, natural gas, and renewable power for New York’s local governments and schools. MEGA’s primary objective is to achieve the most competitive and stable prices for electricity, natural gas, and renewal projects for its members and local taxpayers.
The role of the energy program manager is to work closely with the executive director in the Alliance’s operations, communications, and marketing efforts in support of member local governments from across the state. This full-time employee would work independently, but under the supervision of the executive director and board of directors. This individual would work remotely and be expected to travel up to 15 percent of their time. A stable home internet connection capable of quality video conferencing is a must.
The candidate must be a team player and have a strong work ethic. A highly motivated, driven, confident, independent, yet team-oriented person is expected. Preference will be given to applicants that have experience working with local governments and who understand today’s energy market. Generally, we are looking for a candidate who can apply the following competencies on a day-to-day basis.
- Outstanding communication (written and verbal) skills.
- Business computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite, Excel, Adobe Acrobat, Web Research.
- Detail oriented & effective follow-through skills.
- Self-motivated, capable of working with limited supervision.
- Strong desire to grow and evolve with the organization.
- A customer centric approach to problem solving and service.
Candidates are required to have a bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, communication, or other applicable field of study. A minimum of two years of professional experience is also required.
Specific tasks will include, but are not limited to, the following.
Marketing & Sales
- Focuses on building relationships with current members.
- Emphasis on retaining and growing member base.
- Responsible for conference registrations, attendance, and participation.
- Represents the Alliance in events, conferences, and meetings.
- Drafts marketing and promotional material.
- Expands customer relationship management system.
- Attends in-person and virtual meetings with member public entities.
Organizational and Administrative Support
- Supports the executive director in executing strategic plan.
- Responds to customer inquiries.
- Prepares quarterly reports for board of directors.
- Processes requisitions for supplies, materials, and equipment.
- Conducts inventories and maintains records of organization’s supplies.
- Prepares checks and vouchers for purchase orders, travel expenses, and vendor claims.
The salary for this position ranges from $70,000 to $120,000, depending on experience and aptitude.
For consideration, please submit your resume, cover letter, including salary expectations, to Mark LaVigne at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be considered until the position is filled.