The Sullivan County Department of Law is seeking to fill the following position:
Assistant County Attorney – Attorney with at least three (3) years of litigation experience. Primarily responsible for employment-related matters, including human resource issues and Civil Service administrative proceedings through appeal, as well as contract preparation, negotiation and review. Familiarity with real property transactions as well as Municipal Law preferred.
Salary $75,000 - $85,000/year
Application Deadline: February 26, 2021(or until position is filled)
Allegany County is seeking qualified candidates for multiple positions of Assistant County Attorney. The candidates must be a permanent resident of Allegany County within a reasonable amount of time of appointment and must maintain county residency during the length of employment as required by the New York State Public Officers Law.
These are full-time positions with an annual salary of $75,000 - $85,000. Employment with Allegany County offers excellent benefits including affordable health insurance and membership in the New York State retirement plan. Assistant County Attorneys are appointed by the Allegany County Attorney.
Assistant County Attorneys assist the County Attorney as the Chief Legal Counsel for the Allegany County Legislature and individual County Departments. Assistant County Attorneys perform such duties pertaining to the County Attorney’s office as may be directed by the County Attorney.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Representation of the County Attorney in Juvenile Delinquents and Persons In Need of Supervision (PINS) proceedings;
- Representation of the Department of Social Services in Family Court relating to Child and Spousal Support; Child Abuse and Neglect; Custody and Visitation; Termination of Parental Rights; and the Permanency Hearings for children in foster care;
- Review of contracts and other legal documents under the direction of the County Attorney;
- Prosecution and defense of civil actions under the direction of the County Attorney;
- Assists the County Attorney with special projects assigned by the County Attorney on a case-by-case or ongoing basis; and
- Provides legal advice, opinions, and analysis to any department of county government in the absence of the County Attorney or when so directed by the County Attorney.
Salary: Negotiable; based on qualifications and experience
Sullivan County is seeking a Commissioner of the Division of Health & Family Services.
This is a high level administrative position involving responsibility for overseeing all operations and functions relating to the delivery of services provided through human services programs administered by the County. This incumbent has administrative oversight over the programs administered through the departments of Community Services, Family Services and the Public Health Services. The work is performed under the direction of the County Manager and wide leeway is allowed for the exercise of independent judgment in implementing the human services programs and objectives of the County. General direction is provided by the County Manager and general supervision is exercised over all department staff. Does related work as required.