Women's Leadership Council
The NYSAC Women's Leadership Council is the only program in New York State focused specifically on providing resources and support to women in county leadership.
Diversity in public office lends itself to public policy that best benefits our citizens and is representative of our communities.
About the Women’s Leadership Council (WLC)
The WLC is a bipartisan organization that offers resources specifically for women in county government and women interested in pursuing county leadership, including panels, forums, workshops, and networking events at NYSAC conferences, among other training opportunities.
The primary goals of the WLC are:
- To provide resources for women holding county office,
- To support female county officials, and
- To engage women in seeking leadership positions in their communities and within NYSAC.
The WLC Executive Committee assists NYSAC staff in planning events and developing resources that meet the needs of NYSAC's members.
Join the WLC
If you're interested in joining the NYSAC Women's Leadership Council, fill out the online application below.
Latest WLC News and Resources
Executive Committee & Staff
- Hon. Martha Sauerbrey, Tioga County Legislative Chair
- Hon. Claudia Braymer, Warren County Board of Supervisors
- Hon. Nancy Buck, Sullivan County Treasurer
- Hon. Indy Jaycox, Schoharie County Clerk
Staff Liaison: Alexandra LaMonte, NYSAC