NYSAC News Magazine
Published three times a year, NYSAC News magazine is the official publication of NYSAC. Each issue features in-depth articles about timely issues of interest to New York's county leaders. County leaders, researchers, academics, association leaders, state lawmakers, NYSAC staff, and other experts contribute articles to each issue.
For information about submitting articles to the upcoming issue, see below.
View the current issue below, or click here for the PDF version.
Upcoming issue: Fall 2019
Theme: Exploring New York's Counties
Submission tips & tricks
For this issue of the magazine we're looking for articles focused on topics such as:
And in every issue, in-depth articles look at:
- Accessibility - ways that local governments are making their services, communities, and facilities accessible to everyone,
- Tourism - innovative approaches to creating a thriving tourism industry in New York's counties,
- Attractions unique to each county - natural resources, unique cultural attractions, the arts, sports, recreation, etc.,
- Trails (bike, hiking, walking, canal) as drivers of economic development,
- County-owned parks and recreation facilities,
- Winter recreation,
- Agri-tourism, wineries, craft breweries, cideries, and other attractions based on agriculture,
- Technology to help residents and visitors explore your county.
Articles should be 500-750 words and can be sent to Nicole Correia (email@example.com). Submissions should include an author headshot as well as any supporting charts, photos, or images (these should be high res files - 300 dpi, jpg, tif, or eps file format).
- Public policy issues (local, state, and federal) impacting counties,
- Statewide issues, challenges, and opportunities for counties,
- Innovative county programs and services,
- Leaders who have made a difference in their counties.
For information about advertising in the magazine, click here.